Global Convenience Store Focus Shop Talk Live
In this Shop Talk LIVE ‘Special’ we interview IIyas Munshi, Group Commercial Director for leading international forecourt convenience retail operator, EG Group at Mill Farm Services, one of the latest, highly innovative sites located in the North West of the UK featuring multiple branded food offers and drive thrus.
Ilyas provides us with a global update and we discuss EG Group’s journey so far with commentary from NCR’s David Hodgson, Shopworks MD Craig Phillipson and NACS Global Director Mark Wohltmann. These are some of the points we covered in the interview.
- EG work with 60 brands globally, tell us about them?
- Have these brands partnerships been key to EG’s expansion?
- Tell us about plans going forward working with Asda?
- Did you see the pandemic as an opportunity to move even faster? How?
- There are many retailer success stories in National markets, far less global ones. Why has the EG model been so exportable?
- How do you create a business culture for relentless growth and innovation? What motivates EG Group, what’s next?