We are now open for entries … Don’t miss out
It’s on again – an opportunity for those in the convenience industry to once again shine on the local stage and to also win a place on the AACS Overseas Study Tour which includes a visit to the NACS Show in Chicago in October 2017.
What is the AACS Peter Jowett Convenience Industry Award?
The AACS Peter Jowett Convenience Industry Award is a unique opportunity for AACS members to challenge others in Australia thinking about the future for our industry.
Initially, employees from Retailer and Supplier member companies are invited to select candidates aged between 21 and 36 years of age for this year’s competition (candidates must be no older than 36 years of age on 31st of May 2017) .
Participants are to submit a written paper of no more than 4000 words, OR a PowerPoint presentation of 10 slides on the topic. A one page biography is also required at the time of submission.
Local judges will assess all submissions and select 3 Supplier member finalists and 3 Retailer member finalists. These finalists will then present their responses on the day of the annual AACS Convenience Leaders Summit and Gala Dinner & Awards night, planned for Wednesday 23rd August 2017 at the AACS Convenience Leaders Summit in Sydney.
The presentations are to be in PowerPoint format with a presentation time limit of 12 minutes.
The audience of members present will vote on the presentations and select the best Supplier and best Retailer presentation.
Winners will then join the AACS Overseas Study Tour in October.
Some members, in the past, have run an internal competition for their staff as a way of selecting their candidates. This is an excellent development program for people working in the convenience channel.
The Topic for 2017
Detail 2 ‘Bright Ideas’ that you believe will ensure the profitable growth of Convenience Stores into the future. Utilize key findings and /or examples from other channels or industries and provide relevant timing, costs and benefits associated with implementing your ‘Bright Ideas’.
Presentations are to be emailed to Jeff Rogut, CEO, AACS at email@example.com to be received no later than Friday 19th May 2017.
By participating you acknowledge that, should you win The AACS Peter Jowett Convenience Industry Award Finals (Presentation), your employer will release you from work obligations to join the AACS Overseas Study Tour in October 2017. The prize is not transferable.
- This competition is open to participants employed by AACS Members. Participants may not have previously received an AACS Scholarship Award/Peter Jowett Scholarship Award.
- Entrants must be between the ages of 21 and 36 years as at 31st May 2017.
- There are two Categories of Award. One award will be given in recognition of an outstanding presentation by a Retailer within the channel and another award will recognise an outstanding presentation by a Supplier within our channel of trade.
Things to know
1. Financial AACS Members may nominate two entrants to participate in the AACS Peter Jowett Convenience Industry Award for 2017. AACS Diamond Members may nominate 3 entrants.
2. Finalists selected by the panel of initial local judges will present their responses on the day of the annual AACS Convenience Leaders Summit and Gala Dinner & Awards night, planned for Wednesday 23rd August 2017 in Sydney.
3. AACS Members who attend the final presentations will vote with one vote per Member Company. These votes will determine the Retailer and Supplier Award Winners.
4. The presentations are to be in PowerPoint format with a presentation time limit of 12 minutes.
5. The finalists may use visual aids in this presentation.
6. The winners for both Retailer and Supplier Awards will be announced at the ,AACS ala & Awards Dinner on 24th August 2017 in Sydney.
7. The Retailer and Supplier winner will attend the AACS Overseas Study Tour – expenses paid by AACS [economy air travel, and accommodation – subject to certain exclusions] in October 2017.
The criteria for initial selection will be:
- Addresses the question 40 points
- Innovative thinking 25 points
- Could be implemented 25 points
- Quality of submission & presentation 10 points
Total: 100 points
We look forward to welcoming our 2017 participants.