The November ABS Retail data were released on Monday November 9th.
The results show the flat sales trend continuing overall. The attachment has the summary by major industry group.
NOVEMBER KEY POINTS
- The trend estimate rose 0.3% in November 2011. This follows a rise of 0.3% in October 2011 and a rise of 0.3% in September 2011.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate was relatively unchanged (0.0%) in November 2011. This follows a rise of 0.2% in October 2011 and a rise of 0.3% in September 2011.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 3.1% in November 2011 compared with November 2010.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in November 2011: Food retailing (0.4%), Household goods retailing (0.6%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.6%) and Other retailing (0.2%). Department stores (-0.2%) and Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (-0.1%) fell in trend terms in November 2011.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in November 2011: New South Wales (0.5%), Western Australia (0.8%), Queensland (0.2%), South Australia (0.5%), Victoria (0.1%), the Northern Territory (0.6%) and Tasmania (0.2%). The Australian Capital Territory (0.0%) was relatively unchanged.