The Australasian Association of Convenience Stores (AACS) represents the interests of all businesses within the Australian convenience store channel.
The Association was founded in 1990 to provide a platform for suppliers, retailers and associated businesses within the Australian convenience channel to network, develop their individual businesses and the channel as a whole, whilst providing training and education for all levels of staff to maximise their potential.
The aim was also to enhance and improve the channel by collective representation to the government and general public on matters of importance to the industry. Today the Association continues with these principles and goals.
The AACS boasts members right across Australia and we have strong alliances with overseas Associations. Our members range from high profile brands to independently owned stores, from global suppliers to sole traders. Our calendar of conferences, international study tours and training programs is extremely well regarded and supported.
I would like to thank all of our Members for their continued support. If you are not a member and your business is involved with the convenience channel, I would be delighted to hear from you to discuss how we can help with the growth and success of your business.
The vision of the AACS is to be the champion of the convenience store channel through strong leadership and excellent communication.
The mission of the AACS is to enable the success of our members through facilitating representation, information, communication, education, and in all areas affecting the convenience retail industry.
- Host networking events that are relevant and valued by members. These include awards nights, gala dinners, breakfasts and lunches that provide innovative and inspirational speakers.
- Provide unique opportunities for members to network and discuss issues that impact the convenience industry.
- To be the peak body for the Convenience channel inAustraliathat delivers value and relevance to its members.
- Promote the needs of the industry through effective and credible lobbying and provision of information.
- Be a recognised source for information by government, the media and other interested parties on issues affecting the convenience industry.
- Offer a wide range of professional services specifically tailored to meet member needs. These include industry forums, study tours, general convenience training and store simulation training.
- Encourage convenience retailers and leaders of the future through the annual scholarship program.
- Develop alliances with leading educational institutions.
- Publish the annual ‘State of the Industry’ report that is the benchmark for the industry and which is a valuable resource for retailers, suppliers and government.
- Provide up to date and relevant information on issues affecting the industry e.g. health, safety, sustainability, security, tobacco and gambling regulations etc
- Conduct research into the convenience channel which will be useful for members.
AACS EVENTS REGISTRATION
Interested in one of our upcoming events? click on the link below to view our next/upcoming events at a location near you!REGISTER FOR THE NEXT EVENT